Header background photo

Winceby House School For Boys

posted by Richard on 28 Jan 2013 at 12:27 am

I'm trying to find any students that went to Winceby House School Cooden. Bexhill on Sea. Mr Woolf was the headmaster. Please get in touch..

< back to previous | Post Follow-up |

Follow up messages

Winceby House

posted by David McMillan on 15 May 2013 at 10:37 am

Hi,

I attended Winceby House School from 1988-1990.

Pleasefeel free to contact me on davidmcmillan[AT]hotmail.co.uk

David

Old Friends And Staff

posted by sean wynne on 17 May 2013 at 5:45 pm

hi my names is sean wynne was known as sean cox when i went to winceby house school from 1979 to 1983 i am looking for old friends and member of staff who knew me you can email me at jamesdeanjimmydean[AT]yahoo.co.uk

Winceby House School

posted by William. Ault on 29 Sept 2013 at 8:23 am

Hi my neme is William ault I went to Winceby house school from 1973 to. 1978

Message For Williams Ault

posted by Earl on 10 Oct 2013 at 12:24 pm

How you doing Williams. Long time no see. I hear about a few of the boys from time to time. but nothing for a while. feel free to email me. jerichoandbeyond[AT]gmail.com
yrs Earl

Would Like To Meet Old Boys

posted by james choyen on 23 Jun 2014 at 8:25 pm

I would like to meet boy who went to Winceby house boarding Shool 1973 to 1979 Mr Woolf was the headmaster.

Hi James Choyen

posted by paul pearce on 05 Oct 2014 at 8:51 pm

hi james i remember you wow where has the time gone . i was at winceby between 1975-1979. great fun and memories ,would be glad to talk about the old school days ,cheers for now ,paul.

Winceby House Schools

posted by sean wynne on 29 Oct 2014 at 6:30 pm

hi my name is sean was known as sean cox before I went back to my real name sean wynne I went to went to winceby house school in 1979 to 1983 I like find people who went there when I was there any staff to it be nice how life gone for then

Message For Paul Peace

posted by Donald Brown on 24 Nov 2014 at 10:34 am

Hi Paul
I remember you well, been a very long time. I was at Winceby House from 1975-1979. Learn a lot from that school, we had great teachers and some good friends. Mr Woolf was feared a lot but I got on well with him, old woolly lol. Be nice hear from you, and any of the guys that knew me. Hope to hear back from you.

Winceby Hse Teacher

posted by Dave Logsdail on 05 Dec 2014 at 9:07 pm

Hi, I was a houseparent and then a teacher for 1 year at Wince by House from 1983-83" John Wolfe was the head' Colin was the bursar and Pat was head houseparent, Adrian worked in the kitchen & I think Trevor and Lynda were houseparents.
Best wishes
Dave Logsdail

I Was There

posted by Dave Jenningd on 18 Dec 2014 at 7:38 pm

I was there.i remember Mr woof and his size ten slipper His wife was a teacher there I also remember when they took us to see Greese when it just came out so there my timeline I think it was 77,78 but there was this kid who made these camps by the boat shed Keith Skolfield with bottlelens glasses,dose any one Remember him?

Winceby House

posted by Joe Williams on 21 Dec 2014 at 4:26 pm

Hi to Paul &James I remember you both well I've been back to where the school once stood makes me sad now it's all gone l went to see the P.E teacher Ray as I remembered where he lives but he was a way at the time i'll be going back soon

Winceby House

posted by Joe Williams on 22 Dec 2014 at 11:16 am

Hi Paul I was there at the same time as you with Larry Brennan Mark Ashworth David Jennings Errol Williams David Ahearn Paul Parsons want to take a trip down memory lane contact me at joe451[AT]live.co.uk

Winceby House

posted by Joe Williams on 22 Dec 2014 at 4:58 pm

Hi my name is Joe williams I was at winceby house from 76 79 get in touch if you want a trip down memory lane Joe451[AT]live.co.uk

Donald Brown

posted by paul pearce on 28 Dec 2014 at 4:04 pm

hi donald great to hear from you ,i was so surprised to see yet another winceby house old friend come up again ,where has all the time gone,yes we all had such great fun back then some times i wish we could go back in time just for five minutes, yes i also got on well with mr woolf, and old paddy he was just so funny i went back to see the old school in 1985 ,but a few years later i went back i was shocked to see it gone so sad .we should all start to share all our memories on here it would be very interesting and funny,hope to here from you very soon take care mate paul.

David Jennings

posted by paul pearce on 28 Dec 2014 at 4:18 pm

hi david i remember you ,all what you said in your message i remember like it was yesterday , i remember keith he was in room ten with me and darren howard ,it was the last room i was in when i left school ,do you know what happened to him or where he is now. he also was on the same dinner table as me,because he always had alot of salt on his food,i have put out a message for him several times so far no luck.i hope we all can come on here and share all our memories on a regular basis that would be great.nice to hear from you please reply soon i hope take care paul.

Joe Williams

posted by paul pearce on 28 Dec 2014 at 4:35 pm

hi joe great to hear from you after all this time,yes it was very sad to see the old school gone so many memories gone with it ,i went back to the school in 1985 ,last time i saw the school, i wish there was a lot more old photos of the school and all the lads ,yes i remember ray aldridge the old pe teacher he was always fair to us all,i remember all the names you put up on here i remember paul parsons driving the sit on lawnmower, ialso remember darren howard and mark collings,so many names and great laughs ,and going on 2 weeks camping to the new forest . i got a copy of vyour email address ,so please come back on here again asap i will emal you soon take care mate paul.

Location Of School.

posted by Paul Minter on 16 Jan 2015 at 8:58 pm

Please can you tell me when this school closed and was it at the bottom of South Cliff where Winceby Close now is. I am researching another matter and this would be helpful. I believe those houses were built in 1995.

Location Of School

posted by paul pearce on 17 Jan 2015 at 4:24 pm

hi paul minter the school was located at cooden drive on south cliff it was closed in the 90s hope this has helped you feel free to ask anything else cheers mate .paul pearce.

Paul Minter

posted by Joe Williams on 18 Jan 2015 at 1:33 pm

Hi Paul not sure what year the school closed it was late 80s And yes it was in southcliff they built houses there Its called Winceby close now

Winceby House

posted by Linda Adams on 13 Feb 2015 at 11:53 pm

Good to hear from you Dave Logsdail. Yes, Trevor and I were houseparents at Winceby from 1980 to 1984 when we transferred to Woolverstone House School in Ipswich where we worked until the school closure in 1990. Hope you and Sue are doing well. I remember John Woolf well, and his wife Margaret and John's secretary was Gwen. Colin Towers the bursar had a dog, can't remember its name, a big greyhound. There as another houseparent, Anthony (can't remember his surname). Regards, Linda.

Hi There

posted by Dave Logsdail on 20 Feb 2015 at 8:31 pm

Hi Linda
Good to hear from you. Although me and Sue are no longer together I'm just with my daughter Hannah in Newcastle who was born when we were at Winceby House.
What are you guys doing these days?
Regards
Dave

Linda Adams

posted by paul pearce on 22 Feb 2015 at 6:27 pm

hi linda adams colins towers dog name was dandy ,i only just remember you both ,i left that same summer,great memories of the school regards paul pearce .

Follow On To Dave Logsdail

posted by Linda Adams on 28 Mar 2015 at 9:50 am

Hi Dave, good to hear from you too. We moved to Lincolnshire after Ipswich where we still live. My son and daughter live near me and we run a family business. You can find me on Linkedin. I'm sorry to hear you and Sue are no longer together but all the best to you and your daughter Hannah. I am planning a trip to Eastbourne and to go down memory lane as Trev and I used to drive down there and to Brighton, etc. I did my two year college course at Hastings college whilst at Winceby. I planned on visiting the old school but see from the posts above that it closed and was demolished and houses built there, so I will just leave memories where they are. Take care and all the best to you.

Linda Adams

posted by joe wikkiams on 13 Apr 2015 at 7:06 am

I was at winceby house from 76-79

Dave,Trevor And Linda.

posted by Gary Bendell on 10 Jun 2015 at 9:38 am

Dave logsdale, Trevor and Linda I remember you well.I was at winceby at around 79-83,you might remember Michael read as well I'm still good friends with him.dave I remember you because we used to have a bit of football rivalry,you being a spurs fan and me a gonner.And I always remember Trevor and Linda's line of "you'll sit here while six o'clock it don't matter to me lad" In that Yorkshire accent,and of course Trevor's rocker billy hair ,brilliant. I hope you remember me and life treating you well . Gary Bendell .

Lee Heatley

posted by Gary bendell on 10 Jun 2015 at 9:56 am

Anybody remember Lee heatley?He's doing 35 years in a Philippino jail (he was going to get the death sentence ) he's still got 15 years left still to serve and there's no remission out there so he does the whole 35years ,he'll be out at around 2030, if you do remember him you might like to contact him via British prisoners abroad he might enjoy speaking to old friends.

Richard Hall

posted by Richard on 20 Jun 2015 at 10:38 pm

I went to Winceby House from about 1978 until 1982 .. I remember lots of the guys mentioned here. I remember Richard Tappin, Lee Heatly, Martin Munn, Chris Hunt, Colin Beckford, Frank Daris, David Ryves, lots more. I would love to catch up with more of you soon. I'm gay and live in Bournemouth now.

I Was At Winceby House

posted by Richard Hall on 20 Jun 2015 at 10:48 pm

Sorry anyone wanting to get in touch please feel free to mail me on richardluxmoore@gmail.com

Rod Lucas

posted by Rodney Lucas on 07 Jul 2015 at 8:36 pm

Hi Richard it was great reading the posts. Yes good memories and taught me a lot

Hi

posted by Dave logsdail on 10 Aug 2015 at 8:03 pm

Hi Gary
I certainly do remember you and Michael and Trevors phrase.
Shocked at news about Lee Heatley wow what a sentence.
Hope ur doing good. I'm still supporting Spurs a glutton for punishment. Regards to Michael.
What are you doing these days?
I visited Bexhill last week, brought back lots of memories.
God bless
Dave

Linda ADAMS

posted by sean wynne on 13 Aug 2015 at 1:36 pm

hi Linda i was at winceby house the same time as you and trevor i was known as sean cox now known as sean wynne my real father name i got on with trevor as he was a ex teddy boy i was a big ELVIS AND BILLY FURY FAN STILL AM AND STILL GOT MY QUIFF MR WOLF ALWAYS TRY TO GET ME CUT MY QUIFF OF NO WAY LOL I HOPE LIFE HAS BEEN BEEN GOOD X

Gary Bendell

posted by sean wynne on 13 Aug 2015 at 1:52 pm

hi gary i was at winceby house from 79 to 83 i was known as sean cox i was was the funny one with the quiff look more like morrissey and mark lamarr now shame to hear a bout lee Heatley he was great at school he was funny i went to bexhill last year got my mate to drive past the old school all gone now like to write to lee if can sean wynne

Hello Gary

posted by Simon Flint on 15 Aug 2015 at 12:55 pm

Hi Gary Bendall

Hope you remember me Simon Flint

Would be great to get back in touch.

facebook probably the best way.

My Email

posted by sean wynne aka sean cox on 16 Aug 2015 at 12:48 am

If any one would like email me my email is jamesdeanjimmydean[AT]yahoo.co.uk

My Email Address

posted by seanwynne on 19 Aug 2015 at 11:26 am

if any one from winceby house school want to email me my address is jamesdeanjimmydean[AT]yahoo.co.uk

RodneyLucas

posted by Joe Williams on 21 Aug 2015 at 10:08 pm

Hi r
Rodney don't know if you remember me Joe Williams we use to go fishing on the river

Dave Logsdail

posted by Gary on 24 Aug 2015 at 9:01 am

Hello Dave it's great that you remember myself and Michael ,I've been to bexhill quite a few times over the years i feel at home when Im there,looking back they were some of the best times of my childhood a beach, full sized footie pitch (which I loved) tennis courts the list goes on, good times,Michael and I are doing good ,I managed to learn the knowledge of London and now drive a black taxi and am living with my fiancé and Michael is a glasses technician living with his fiancé.Hope all is well with you Dave , don't know if you can email me though this message board ,it would be nice to hear what you've been up to all these years. In a couple of months I'll be going back to bexhill maybe some of us should meet up at the dela war pavilion . And yes I remember you Sean cox.

Simon Flint

posted by Gary on 30 Aug 2015 at 3:22 am

Yes Simon I remember you well ,I'm not on Facebook but it would be good to get In touch with you. Hope your well.

ANDY AND JILL

posted by sean wynne on 01 Sept 2015 at 10:22 am

DOES ANY ONE rember house staff ANDY AND JILL THEY WHERE NICE PEOPLE THEY GONE BY 81 SEAN WYNNE AKA SEAN COX

Good To Hear From You

posted by Simon Flint on 01 Sept 2015 at 1:12 pm

Hi Gary

I live near Bermondsey Street thses days and have my own interior design company.

so just e-mail me and we can have a pint sometime

sflint[AT]desallesflint.com

cheers

Simon

Old School Friends

posted by sean wynne aka sean cox on 03 Sept 2015 at 2:29 pm

does any one remember mark o Sullivan martin munn barry white I remember Richard hall remember Richard tappin mark Collins danny cainbers mike read simon flint

Hi Gary

posted by Dave logsdail on 30 Oct 2015 at 6:08 pm

Hi Gary
Only just looked at message board. Thrilled you are black cab man, my wife Ruth's dad was and brother in law still is.
I am in touch with Lee Heatley tough eh.
Was 60 last week going down to 3days a week work yeh. Now teach kids on a 1 to 1 basis.

God bless
Dave

Hi Simon

posted by Dave logsdail on 30 Oct 2015 at 6:27 pm

I remember you attending Bexhill High school and how Colin Towers used to take you guys there.

God bless
Dave

Old Names

posted by Colin recardo on 04 Nov 2015 at 11:35 pm

Hi everyone I don't know if many people would remember me but I seem to remember all the names listed above does anyone know what happened to Michael Read also Mr Gordon
Pat Kirby
Marion
Jill & Andy Gibson
Christine
John Liebling
Bernadette M.
Bill wood work teacher my favourite
Also Francis to cook

Old Names

posted by Colin recardo on 04 Nov 2015 at 11:35 pm

Hi everyone I don't know if many people would remember me but I seem to remember all the names listed above does anyone know what happened to Michael Read also Mr Gordon
Pat Kirby
Marion
Jill & Andy Gibson
Christine
John Liebling
Bernadette M.
Bill wood work teacher my favourite
Also Francis to cook

Wish I Was Back There.

posted by Colin Recardo on 04 Nov 2015 at 11:54 pm

To tell you the truth I wish I could turn back the years and be back in school even after the school was knocked down I still visited the area for several years after in search for Mrs Wolf a year or two later her son Adrian sent a email to me and told me she was in a home in Scotland with memory loss.

Colinrecardo@yahoo.co.uk

Booooooom BOYs

posted by Lee raymond heatley on 11 Nov 2015 at 9:57 am

Well chaps wld love to hear from all me old school mates cld never forget winceby house tons of birds and the man who always had patience pat kirby dave logsdail u have given me hope god bless u sean cox u nutta gary bendall oi oi u nutta

REUNION

posted by lee raymond heatley on 11 Nov 2015 at 6:13 pm

Listen chaps u can get me on twitter THEPOSHCOCKNEY OR FB leeraymondheatley@yahoo.com sweet all u nuttas rom winceby house school Boooooooooom

1979 To 1983

posted by marco maggioni on 13 Nov 2015 at 9:36 pm

Hi i was at winceby house from 79 to 84 marco maggioni was alwaya with ian joseph roy denard robert webstar lee escalona and the olders where jason berk darren charles with his broken wrist and lee heatly and jason williams and tyrone king robert carstle sean gyall.... anyone remember me??? Just wanna say thank u to pat kirby pete lawrance mr ans mrs wolfe and all the other teachers that taught me ao much and peggy for always doin my washin after football xx

Winceby House

posted by sean wynne AKA SEAN WYNNE on 15 Nov 2015 at 10:32 pm

does any one remember a davids watts he was at winceby house from 79 to 82 also a member of staff called Denise she had short blonde hair like to know what ever happen to them

Marco Magioni

posted by lee Raymond heatley on 16 Nov 2015 at 4:58 pm

Yes hello marco magionni i remember u hows u

Winceby House School

posted by seanwynne AKA SEAN COX on 16 Nov 2015 at 9:22 pm

the ones I remember at winceby house school Richard tappin mark o Sullivan dave logsdall linda adams martin munn pat Kirby marion Christine denise danny cainbers Richard hall barry white terry o conner david watts john tyler who remember them

Found A Old Winceby Boy

posted by sean wynne AKA SEAN COX on 17 Nov 2015 at 12:56 am

just found danny chambers who went to winceby house school from 1975 to 1980 he on facebook

Tony Rowe 80-84

posted by tony rowe on 17 Nov 2015 at 1:35 am

hi,i was there from 1980 to 84 my names tony rowe from hackney.i remember richard tappin,terry connor,chris hiscock,chris ianno,barry white,bomber,david rives,martin munn,lee heatley and loads more.still in hackney.i loved that school,it done me so much good.would love to hear from anyone who remembers me,BLESS

Winceby House School

posted by sean wynne AKA SEAN COX on 17 Nov 2015 at 11:47 am

hi tony rowe I remember you you use to knock a round with terry connor at school hope life turn out good for you

Who Remember

posted by sean wynne AKA SEAN WYNNE on 17 Nov 2015 at 1:15 pm

the two tone ska revival 79 to 81 bands like the specials the beat early madness the selecter bad manners it just remind me of wincbey house people like Richard tappin and david watts it remind me of

Old School

posted by tony rowe on 17 Nov 2015 at 11:02 pm

yes brov,i remember you (sean cox),nice t hear from you mate.what grate memories and times at winceby ah ? so do you see any of the old boys,where do you live and what you up too ?me,im in hackney,work as a painter.paul pearce lives round by me.seen barry white in jail many years ago.heard about lee heatly,what a turn out ah.would love to know what happend to terry connor,richard tappin,chris hiscock,chis ianno,david rives.so sad the school ani't there no more.get back to me.(i was mixed race,looked a bit indian)

Tony Rowe

posted by lee heatley on 20 Nov 2015 at 6:00 pm

tony rowe ello m8 how r u

Winceby

posted by Michael fevrirr on 02 Dec 2015 at 2:12 am

Well I went to Winceby from 84 till it closed. Remember the great storms and we couldn't get home by train and they had to drive us in minibus? I remember Roy dennard,Darren rose,William mcholland,graham Tudor (school bully)lol. Marco Magioni Was older but I remember him giving me roll ups from the smokers shed. I remember someone having a bad accident on the speedboat and being put in a coma. Someone Bentley I think. And yes I remember mr and Mrs Woolf,guy,Colin,Pete Lawrence pe teacher. Crazy memories. O yeah Robert Webster, Lee Lang, where r u all????

Lee Heatley

posted by tony rowe on 13 Dec 2015 at 12:02 am

hollo brov,how r u ? fuck me i remember u,cant believe youre about.i remember watching the news years ago and saw your story.what a fuck up ah.so r u back in the uk ? what u up to now ? i went down the same road you ended up on,trust me,done it all.im in hackney just trying to hold it down,getting old now mate.paul pearce lives round the corner.dont see no one else,how about u ? listenget back to me,BLESS.tony rowe
(would love to know what happened to richard tappin,terry connor,chris hiscock,chris iannu,david rives)

Richard Hall

posted by Richard Hall on 14 Dec 2015 at 11:34 pm

Hi I went to Winceby House until about 1975. Then went onto Bexhill High School. I remember most of you here. Frank Dardis was a good mate. I remember Lee HEATLY Martin MUNN Colin BECKFORD and the list goes on. Weird how were one extended family. Gutted when Winceby got knocked down with just the Yellow Front door left until last. Anyway I'm single but happy in Bournemouth now and changed my name. That's a long story for this tight space. Would like to hear from anyone. Richardluxmoore at Gmail . Com

Richard Hall

posted by Richard Hall on 14 Dec 2015 at 11:34 pm

Hi I went to Winceby House until about 1975. Then went onto Bexhill High School. I remember most of you here. Frank Dardis was a good mate. I remember Lee HEATLY Martin MUNN Colin BECKFORD and the list goes on. Weird how were one extended family. Gutted when Winceby got knocked down with just the Yellow Front door left until last. Anyway I'm single but happy in Bournemouth now and changed my name. That's a long story for this tight space. Would like to hear from anyone. Richardluxmoore at Gmail . Com

Winceby House Reunion

posted by sean wynne AKA SEAN COX on 21 Dec 2015 at 2:16 am

IT BE GOOD IF SOME ONE GOT A WINCEBY HOUSE REUNION GOING WE COULD ALL MEET AT THE DELA WAR MAYBE FIND SOME OF THE OTHERS LADS TO RICHARD TAPPIN MARTIN MUNN AND OTHER MEMMBERS OF STAFF WHAT YOU ALL SAY

My Email

posted by Sean Wynne aka Sean cox on 31 Dec 2015 at 10:16 am

If any one want to email at jamesdeanJimmydean@Yahoo.co.UK.

Winceby House 83 To 85

posted by stuart ellis on 18 Jan 2016 at 6:49 pm

i went to winceby house from 83 to 85 ! the last time i saw mrs woolf was wack in 1996 she was living round the corner near the train station !! she recognized me straight off lol !!!! good days.

Let See More Old Faces

posted by Sean Wynne aka Sean coc on 24 Jan 2016 at 12:59 am

Let see if we can more old faces who were at winceby house school in late 70s and early 80s

Make Contacts

posted by lee heatley on 08 Mar 2016 at 5:11 pm

Ok chaps heres my email adress kenboons177@gmaul.com tony rowe richard tappin donald brown the whole crew im home sept 1 2018 fuck em chaps

Hello Everyone

posted by Chris Hunt on 15 Mar 2016 at 1:57 pm

Been feeling like reminiscing about the old days a bit - could not find much on Facebook, but google turned up these pages.

Anyone remember me? At Winceby from 1977 - 83, and did the Bexhill High School thing for three years - "the Downs Boys". Been reading some of the names up here - remember lots of them - would love to get in touch with you guys.

Yes - the house-parents and teachers too. I remember some other names like
Mike Rosner (and his lovely wife who taught piano) he used to keep our bikes running. Bill "Billion" Knight
Bill Earl, the gardener / Mr. Fixit
Anthony (forgot surname also)
Patrick / Paddy - top man, yes, really funny chap
Marilyn,
Bromwyn,
Margaret Greenwood
Trevor (Stan I called him), Linda and the kids.
Dave Logsdail
Peter Lawrence

Many other names if I could take the time.

I'd give anything to go back and turn back the clock. There was a fair bit of grief going on at times, but we had some really good times.

Anyone who wants to mail me please get in touch. I'd love to share some memories.

Get In Touch Guys

posted by Chris Hunt on 15 Mar 2016 at 2:18 pm

I used to know Mark O'Sullivan, Jason Williams, Chris Iannou, Frank Dardis, Ian Dunlop, Lee Heatley, Simon Flint and Richard Hall and many others.

Anyone want to get in touch you can reach me at cjhunt@onetel.com

Hi Chris

posted by Dave Logsdail on 18 Mar 2016 at 8:31 pm

Hi Chris
I remember you as you guys used to get driven by Colin to the high school. I was a houseparentfor a year & then did my probationary years teaching. I tried your email but it wouldn't send.
God bless
Dave

Chris Hunt

posted by sean wynne aka sean cox on 20 Mar 2016 at 11:33 pm

hi chris I remember you I was at winceby house from 1979 to 1983 was known as sean cox but went back to my real name sean wynne hope life turn out well for you my email is jamesdeanjimmydean@yahoo.co.uk

Dave Jennings

posted by lee heatley on 30 Mar 2016 at 8:18 pm

Yes i remember keith scofeild wat a nutta always rideing his bike fella wt glasses

Lee Heatley

posted by paul pearce on 01 Apr 2016 at 12:35 pm

hi lee do you know what happened to keith scofield and where he is now, i was at winceby between 1975 1979 he was in my year ,cheers mate .

Old Members Of Winceby House

posted by sean wynne AKA SEAN COX on 09 Apr 2016 at 2:00 pm

does any one knows what ever happen to jill and ANDY GIBSON denise and pete Lawrence and marion and david watts mark o Sullivan it be nice to know what happen to them

To All Winceby Old Boys

posted by paulpearce on 10 Apr 2016 at 3:28 pm

hi all what is the best or worst memory you all have of winceby and what meals did you like best .

GOOD News

posted by sean wynne AKA on 11 Apr 2016 at 12:12 am

I FOUND MARK O Sullivan he on facebook going to give him a ring maybe meet up he was please to hear from me

WINCEBY SURVIVORS 😊

posted by Mark o' sullivan on 21 Apr 2016 at 11:59 am

Wow just found this site and lovely to see all those familiar names and my own name being mentioned by old friends.
I was at WINCEBY between 79 and 83 . Fun times.
I am on facebook if anyone wants to contact me.
Hope you are all doing well.

Early 1970's Winceby House

posted by Stephen Gray on 22 Apr 2016 at 4:09 pm

Hi all,
Does anyone who was there 1973 - 1975 in contact with any one else who was there then?

I remember names like:
Robert Poole
Mark Parrier
Trevor Innis
Mervin Lewis

Staff:
Penry Archer
Pat
Woolfie
Marion (who was a Nun)

Trying to refresh some memories of my time at the school.

Old Photos

posted by Sean Wynne aka Sean coc on 02 May 2016 at 8:30 am

What so sad there no old photo of winceby house the facebook page there nothing on it even on Google no photos

Good Friends

posted by Dave Logsdail on 17 May 2016 at 5:50 pm

Hi guys
I'm regularly in touch with Lee Heatley whose in the Philippines in a difficult situation. I know he could really do with folk apart from me contacting him for some encouragement. He's on Twitter Facebook etc.
Cheers
Dave Logsdail

Dave Logsdail

posted by sean wynne aka sean cox on 18 May 2016 at 2:24 pm

hi dave I remember you and your wife sue I was about to leave school by the time you starting to work at winceby house sean wynne aka sean cox

Help

posted by lee heatley on 24 May 2016 at 5:32 pm

Hello all my school frends hopeur all ok look if anyvody wants to chat help etc pls do konract me kenboobs177@gmail.com or twitter theposhcockney wld be a great help gd bless all of u

End Of A ERA

posted by sean wynne AKA SEAN COX on 25 May 2016 at 10:38 am

WELL THERE NO LUCK FINDING OLD STAFF OR ANY OLD PHOTOS OF THE SCHOOL SO I JUST LEAVE IT HERE TCB

Wow! Winceby House....

posted by Moses Philips on 03 Jun 2016 at 10:49 am

How are all you guys doing? I was Philip Naboya before I changed my name to Moses Philips. Went down a bit of a dodgy road & after getting some sense decided a name change would help me put away the past. Michael Fevirr, I remember you, it was cool having to go back to London in the school minibus after that storm. It was Mr Davis that drove. It was Lorien Bentley that got his Mae West life jacket caught up in the propeller of the speedboat when he fell out of it. He was sitting in front. We were canoeing back from Eastbourne that day Mr Sayers (Action Man) somehow managed to get him free of the life jacket, bring him to shore & gave him mouth to mouth. I did visit him for a while when he was in hospital, but the guy was a vegetable. Robert Webster, Darren Rose, Roy Denard, Graham Tudor. Man! Marco how are you dude? Did you still get to play for QPR? I remember the olders too, Darren Charles with his afro & the 1st to rock Nike Vandals, Diego DiRosa.... Feel free to email me - m.philips1204@gmail.com

Anyone Remember Julian Skeates

posted by Moses Philips on 03 Jun 2016 at 10:26 pm

Anyone remember Julian Skeates, Rhona Clark, Guy Mather? I wonder where they are now.

Wow! Winceby House....

posted by Moses Philips on 09 Jun 2016 at 6:13 pm

How are all you guys doing? I was Philip Naboya before I changed my name to Moses Philips. Went down a bit of a dodgy road & after getting some sense decided a name change would help me put away the past. Michael Fevirr, I remember you, it was cool having to go back to London in the school minibus after that storm. It was Mr Davis that drove. It was Lorien Bentley that got his Mae West life jacket caught up in the propeller of the speedboat when he fell out of it. He was sitting in front. We were canoeing back from Eastbourne that day Mr Sayers (Action Man) somehow managed to get him free of the life jacket, bring him to shore & gave him mouth to mouth. I did visit him for a while when he was in hospital, but the guy was a vegetable. Robert Webster, Darren Rose, Roy Denard, Graham Tudor. Man! Marco how are you dude? Did you still get to play for QPR? I remember the olders too, Darren Charles with his afro & the 1st to rock Nike Vandals, Diego DiRosa.... Feel free to email me - m.philips1204@gmail.com

Wincbey

posted by Leon Parker on 15 Jun 2016 at 1:17 pm

I was there from 1969 - 1974 also was one of the boys who when to the Downs school. Been back many times to visit Bexhill. I discovered when back in London that Bexhill was quite cool as is was the birth place of the Blues Mag Blues Unlimited and also Flyright record label. A few years a ago I visited a mate form the Downs who now lives in Australia.

LAST HOPE

posted by sean wynne AKA SEAN COX on 17 Jun 2016 at 6:33 pm

it be kool to find out what happen to martin munn david watts jill and ANDY GIBSON BLONDE DENISE JOHN TYLER TERRY O CONNER PETE LAWRENCE IT BE KOOL TO FIND THEM AND MEET UP

Nice To Hear

posted by Greg Woolf on 19 Jun 2016 at 9:28 pm

Nice to hear all those memories. I am one of Mr and Mrs Woolf's sons, and I remember many of you from Winceby days. Dad died in 1996 but Mum is still with us in Scotland, although she doesn't recognize anyone now. She was so fond of you all and never stopped talking about funny things that happened back then. They would be dead chuffed to hear how much the place still means to you all.

Macdonald, Was Sellick

posted by Mark Macdonald on 25 Jun 2016 at 10:36 am

Hi all, I was there from 1974-1978 with my step brother Terry, I remember a few names and went back to see Mr Woolfe in 1989 2 years before hi died, went back late 1990s to see that the school had been flatened, Mrs Woofle was still alive, had a cup of tea with her bless.

Mark Selick

posted by Joe Williams on 06 Jul 2016 at 5:30 am

Hi Buddy remember me Joe Williams we where they only two that went to work. You in a hotel me at a builders merchants .How you and Terry been doing. Really sad about Mr Wolf and the school closing

Joe Williams

posted by Mark Macdonald on 07 Jul 2016 at 9:00 am

Hi Joe, I am afraid that I can't place your name, it has been nearly 40 years, a lot has happened in between, i left the hotel in early 79, i then encountered a pretty traumatic period of my life, I had an accident that resulted in me losing my right hand.

email me direct Joe:
mark.macdonald@hotmail.co.uk

Mark Selick

posted by Joe Williams on 16 Jul 2016 at 6:39 am

Hi mark sorry to hear about your accident. Yes 40 years time has gone so fast do you still live in London. I'm in Sussex I remember you very well when you stayed at the hotel you use to ring me and we use to chat for ages anyway mate take care

Old Mates

posted by Colin recardo on 13 Aug 2016 at 2:13 am

Hi does any one know what happened to Michael reed/boombar and Paul Wetherby.

Old Mates

posted by Colin recardo on 13 Aug 2016 at 2:14 am

Hi does any one know what happened to Michael reed/boombar and Paul Wetherby.

To Greg Woolf

posted by paul pearce on 07 Sept 2016 at 3:06 pm

hi greg i remember your mum very well so warm and kind , iam sure she teached us history between 1975- 1979 j remember names like joshua worrell and darren howard in my class. geeg whe i look back i owe your parents so much, i would like to wish your mum your self and family good health and thanks . paul.

Good To See Some Are Still Alive

posted by Patrick Boyd on 10 Oct 2016 at 10:59 pm

nothing on Facebook but good to see some people here. I was at Winceby from about 1971 to 75. Saw Malcom Parry a few years back & spoke to Leon Parker but that's about it. Good to see your name Rodney Lucas

Looking For

posted by paul pearce on 26 Oct 2016 at 5:06 pm

Where is darren howard started winceby same time as me 1975 .and kevin rundall does anyone know cheers paul.

Some Memories Of Winceby House

posted by Andy portch on 03 Nov 2016 at 8:53 pm

I was at winceby house from 69 to 75 I just seen a few names I remember Rodney Lucas Steven grey earl williams Patric Boyd Colin towels and his dog was called Mano and it's was a Dalmatian . Jimmy May I would love to catch up with I am on Facebook just enter andy portch I'm living in Northampton now good luck all hope your all doing ok

Where Are.

posted by paul pearce on 03 Dec 2016 at 9:07 pm

Hi all where is kevin rundall and darren howard. Keith schofield.

Newforest Camping

posted by paul pearce on 03 Dec 2016 at 9:12 pm

What memories do you all have of school camping . And what about your first day at winceby.

OLD SCHOOL

posted by tony rowe on 04 Dec 2016 at 10:05 pm

I REMEMBER MICHAEL REED ( BOOMBER ) & PAUL WETHERBY.I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHERE THAY ARE NOW.MY NAMES TONY ROWE I WAS THERE FROM 1981 TO 1984

OLD SCHOOL

posted by tony rowe on 04 Dec 2016 at 10:31 pm

CHRIS HUNT HI BROV,i was at WINCEBY between 1981 and 1984 was you there then.I remember a guy from BRAZIL called chris hiscock,me and him was really close.is that you,let me know.my names tony rowe,and im black.i also remember richard tappin,terry conner,chris ianno,barry white,lee heatly and loads more.i live in hackney and paul pearce lives by me.

I Remember

posted by paul pearce on 06 Dec 2016 at 11:30 am

I remember Richard tappin and barry white also anyone remember Mark collins. Chris hyppolite. Paul parsons. Paul mattocks. And sebastian rookley.

Meal Times

posted by paul pearce on 07 Dec 2016 at 4:12 pm

hi all what do you remember about the school meals, what was your favourite. Also can any of you remember the names of the other boys who sat at the same table with you, come on everyone lets see what we can remember lets all have and share some good memories if we can cheers lads ul.

OLD SCHOOL

posted by tony rowe on 12 Dec 2016 at 4:49 pm

YO PAUL,how are you BROV ? I ain't seen you for a while,do you still live round LONDON FEILDS ? I remember MARK COLLINS,he was one of the older ones when i was there.I think i remember when he had a fight with DANNY CAMBERS.Also PAUL PARSONS.School meals,all i remember was we use to get HONEY which i still LOVE now.I do know the food was always GOOD.And school camping,i remember we went to the NEW FOREST camping.we went horse riding and we cooked VEAL (DEER MEAT).and back at WINCEBY HOUSE i remember we used to go swimming in BEACH HEAD at a swimming pool,and PEAT the gym teacher used to drive the school bus and he used to drive really fast and everyone loved it.we used to go down this long dark winding country lane,and there was one old house we used to go past and we was always told it was a haunted house. Iv got so many REALLY GOOD memory's,that school was the BEST.

Christmas

posted by paul pearce on 21 Dec 2016 at 7:22 pm

wishing you all a merry christmas and a happy new year.

REUNION

posted by lee raymond heatley on 22 Dec 2016 at 6:05 am

Message for all old school pals listen chaps lee martin u can get me on twitter as theposhcockney or facebook lee raymond heatley tnx happy new year

Margaret Woolf

posted by Greg Woolf on 01 Jan 2017 at 6:48 pm

Sad news that my mum, Mrs Woolf, died on Christmas Day in her care home in Scotland. She had been ill with dementia for 8 years and by the end could not speak or do anything for herself. It was a release fir her but we will miss her. Her last few days were peaceful and we we're leaving to be around her as she slipped away.

God Bless Mrs Woolf.

posted by paul pearce on 01 Jan 2017 at 7:32 pm

hi greg so sorry to hear the sad news about your mother,she was a wonderful lady and a great teacher and very fair. so from me to your mum,god bless you mrs woolf and thank you for everything.x

Margret Wolf

posted by Andy portch on 01 Jan 2017 at 11:11 pm

Hi Greg Alexandra I'm so sorry to here about your mum lovely lady I liked her a lot she had great story's to tell us from her childhood.she was a great history teacher and i Remember her reading the hobbit to the class . Ai wish you both well Andy Portch

Mrs Woolf

posted by Tony Armstrong on 27 Jan 2017 at 7:13 am

Very sad news to hear about Margaret she was a fantastic woman and wonderful teacher. I too remember her reading the Hobbit in class, such a wonderful story teller. I went to Winceby House in 1969 one of the first ten through the doors. I was known as Tony Bennett back then i left in 1974 or 75. I still live in Bexhill and see one old Winceby Boy, Pete O'Brien.

Mrs Woolf

posted by Tony Armstrong on 27 Jan 2017 at 7:23 am

Very sad news to hear about Margaret she was a fantastic woman and wonderful teacher. I too remember her reading the Hobbit in class, such a wonderful story teller. I went to Winceby House in 1969 one of the first ten through the doors. I was known as Tony Bennett back then i left in 1974 or 75. I still live in Bexhill and see one old Winceby Boy, Pete O'Brien.

Tony Armstrong

posted by Andy portch on 28 Jan 2017 at 1:58 pm

Hi tony I Remember you well and Peter O'Brien I Remembered peter wanting to join the fire service did he go into that how is he what has he been up to and you tony how are you I hope life has worked out for you. The last person I saw was Malcolm Parry that was 7 years ago in London he was working in youngs brewery and had two kids nice house and doing ok we are all getting close to 60 now who would of thought it back then😳Take tony

Hi All

posted by grahame tudor on 15 Mar 2017 at 4:51 pm

hello all my name is grahame tudor I was at the school from 1980 to 1987 with lots off happy days to remember be nice to catch up with Philip naboya Robert webter darran rose darran Charles diego risosa sean cox simon flint marco maggioni Jason berk micheal fev lol and a few more that I cant remember there names b good to have a catch up henrytudor41@gmail.com

Add a follow-up message

< back to top